7.15.2008

4th Birthday!


We had a great 4th birthday party in the park. 13 friends plus younger siblings came and celebrated with us. The cake was a treasure chest that "cracked" when it hit the ocean floor (actually it fell apart in transit from New Jersey). It was still a beautiful cake with jewels and such--thanks to Aunt Glenda.

The highlight of the party was the treasure hunt that I planned and daydreamed about for weeks. I'm tempted to scan the maps just to prove how much I love my kids, but I won't. (It was a little embarrassing how much effort I put into it!) Actually, I just had the vision and Jamison's aunt drew the maps. Here is a picture of the kids studying their maps to see where to go next:

The parents were happy because the kids got lots of exercise chasing their treasure. (They might not have been happy that they were forced to get exercise along with their kids...)


Unfortunately I did not learn from last year and forgot to get a group picture. One of these days we'll remember...but the kids had a great time and felt loved by all of their friends.
On their actual birthday we went to the Bastille Day street party. Arthur spotted an ice cream truck and Daddy caved.
And last night we went to the Philharmonic performance in the park followed by amazing fireworks. We're done celebrating and going to bed early tonight!

No comments: