10.08.2008

City Cats




Our kids are obsessed with cats. Obsessed. Everything is about meowing and taking kitty for a walk and feeding kitty. They have actually tried to meow through an entire worship service. I've tried to explain to them that if they were cats they would just sleep all day and eat the same nasty food everyday. No such luck changing the annoying kitty voices.

I know I'm supposed to encourage imaginative behavior, but for how long? They've been cats for 6 months. I need something new. Dogs, bunnies, anything. Jamison has tried to get them to be fish, but it hasn't caught on. Well, at least they're cute all painted up as kitties.

3 comments:

tami schuch said...

i think you should be thankful it's cats they've decided upon and not lions, tigers or bears. our 5 year old has been doing his best T-rex impersonation for quite some time now and it's pretty inconvenient.

linked to your blog through kathy's. it was nice bumping into you at the deli the other day. oh, and m & b say hi. :)

The Hardy Family said...

Laura!!! Allison Beazley here...Kathy Harris gave me your blog website address. She was taking Fall pictures for a fundraiser for her American Cancer Society team here in the Jackson area, and I had an appointment for my son to get his pictures made. It was such a great surprise!! How are you? It has been years and years! Those children are some kind of gorgeous!!! I know that you are one proud mommy! We've been living in Madison for about 3 1/2 years and Brooks was born last November. My husband actually taught Mason drivers' education last year. It is so great to see all the fun things that are going on with you!

Ann Louise said...

That's hillarious.