4.04.2007

100% chance of rain

What does one do when she sees the weather report of 100% chance of rain and 40 degrees? Movie day? Craft day? Pull-out-all-of-the-special-toys day? Anything to stay inside, right?

Well, not me. I like to load the kids up in the stroller where they stay nice and dry under the rain cover, while I stomp in massive city sidewalk puddles without rain boots wearing short sleeves and a rain coat that is not rainproof. (Side note: Who makes rain coats that aren't water proof? Someone actually invested their time and energy into designing and sewing a coat to wear in the rain that only traps the rain inside the coat in effect soaking every piece of clothing that it touches. Fascinating.) While I was shivering and getting wetter with every step, all my kids could do was whine/cry about anything they could dream of. It was pure torture.

All I could think about on the way home was a hot shower, a cup of hot chocolate, and nap time without any contact with children. Instead I had the privilege of participating in Act II of "Dancing in my Poo"--this time not only from Arthur, but also from his talented sister in the next crib. I could not feel any more sorry for myself at this moment.

I have learned from this experience, though. #1 Buy a new raincoat. #2 Drink two hot chocolates ASAP. #3 Put in 2 hours worth of videos when the children awake (if they ever fall asleep--the verdict is still out at this point.) The children will be lucky if they go on the luxury stroll in the rain ever again.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Sounds rough, Laura! Bonnie recommends a mix of children's tylenol and benedrill for a little relief! She might have been joking...hmm....I wonder....

Good luck!