4.02.2007

"Disgusting"

This was the word that my new hair stylist chose to describe my current hair color. It was my first haircut since moving here, and it was a true New York experience. Between the stylist's multiple profanities in Israeli accent and a random salesman pushing boot-legged DVDs onto my lap, I was utterly in awe of the situation. I knew I was at home when I was served a fresh espresso to sip while my hair was being blow-dried.

I was actually happy to find someone who will give me a strong opinion. He cut my hair the way he wanted and told me to come back in two days if I didn't like it. I've always secretly wished that one of those TV makeover shows would pick me to be their next project. Sometimes I intentionally dress a little dumpy, hoping that they are wandering the city streets looking for someone who needs help. To get a free hairdo and wardrobe? That is totally worth the embarrassment of being the unfashionable ugly one on TV. Maybe Shlomy will be that person for me...someone who will just tell me what looks good and do it.

On a different note...here's a picture of Adaline waving a palm branch to celebrate Palm Sunday at church.


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Okay, that is hilarious - especially the bootleg DVDs! I can't wait to visit!

stephanie said...

I want to see a pic of your new haircut!